Hello hello! I haven't posted in a while, but I have been busily working away on my 100 Day Hustle projects. I originally wrote the list of just things that MUST get done, but I want to expand it to include all of my other wishlist projects too.
Here is my updated 100 day hustle list with progress updates:
- Monthly guild project. October block is done, November block is in progress!
- Finish off this evil jacket. I'm sewing together the currently completed portions so I can perk myself up over how far I've gotten.
- Finish this charity wholecloth quilt that was due back in July. Yeah, not happening.
- Christmas presents. Progress is being made! Might not be able to post much about these until after Christmas.
- Placemats. I have made three out of six. This is a UFO, haven't worked on it in a few months.
- FMQ Challenge. Not happening yet, but I really hope it does!
Okay, onto the actual progress! For this post, I'll stick to my guild monthly project blocks.
We are following the Moose on the Porch Quilts 2010 layer cake quilt-along. My layer cake is called "Simply Color." Here is a shot of some of the different fabrics in it- check out all those colors!
Here are the three I chose for the October block.
And here's the finished block! Not perfect, but hey. I think I've figured out that I love applique projects so much because I'm very bad at straight piecing.
So for the November block, I'm debating layout. I have 12 little blocks that I can basically arrange however I want. The solid pieces of fabric are under spaces where there's a solid square instead of a HST. I can't decide whether I want the white or the pink for my squares. And then I can't decide how to point all of these HST's! I could just follow the pattern, but picking my own layout is more fun.
|This is an amalgam of two different layouts. I oriented the hst's so that each background square wasn't touching any piece of the same color.|
So, what do you think? White center diamond? Pink center diamond? Pink/white mix center diamond? Pink or white for the solid square areas?
Okay, back to all of the projects I am chugging away at!