Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Needlepoint Updates

As I've been taking a break from quilting for the month, I've been catching up on my needlepoint!  It always takes me a little while to get in the swing of it because it's such an intimidating canvas, but once I get on a role it goes by quickly.

See some progress update photos below.  If you click on the photos it will show them in high res for a more detailed look.




remember this guy?
I redid him in pink.  I definitely thinks it looks better, although ripping out the black thread was a MASSIVE pain!  After doing this guy I learned that it's better to do more and more as top stitches than to try to incorporate small details into the main color stitching.
before shot of all the central corals

all stitched...as is the little yellow and black fish.  He's still not perfect compared to the painting but I think I'm improving.  All of his stripes were added second.  The curves on his dorsal fins aren't as perfectly curved as they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment