Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Another Finish

As we are nearing the end of the year, I am FINALLY making progress on my to-do list! It took 11 months, but I am able to check off another project.


Here is my bear bargello quilt! This quil is designed to be a snuggly couch quilt. After hearing a lot of whining from certain people about their feet always sticking out from the bottom of my quilts, I made this one super long. 


In this photo I am standing on a 3 foot stepladder! So there should be no problems with cold toes under this guy!

This quilt started back in California with a simple layer cake.


The layer cake turned into a bargello, which was lovely but too small at about 40".


And from that bargello, we eventually got the quilt you see today!



I'm just glad it's done.  The back is super soft "ultra cuddle fleece" from Joann's. Its almost a faux-velvet feel. After I found the right needle to prevent the back from being pulled to the front (ball point is the solution), I had no trouble sewing with it. It was so smooth that I think it actually aided the quilt in gliding along during my quilting.  And I like how it shows my quilting lines but doesn't show the actual stitches themselves. I stuck with really basic quilting on this in order to keep it fluffy.


And now, onto more projects! Like Christmas presents. I need to get everything done before Bonnie's mystery begins, because once it starts it is important to me to keep up with the clues and not fall behind. I will keep working hard over the next three weeks to get everything checked off my to-do list. The colors for Bonnie's mystery are still being chosen, I'll post more on that soon. For now, the green is definitely out and the teal definitely in. Nothing else is decided.

On another pleasant note, this past month was my turn for our new little bee, which we are calling "New Bee on the Block." We are all new to bees and still figuring it out as we go. Anyways, here are the stars everyone made for me.


These will be a quilt someday, emphasis on the someday! And of course the minute I tried to take a photo my cat said "oh I see you are trying to do something over there, let me get in the way!"


Cats, gotta love 'em!





No comments:

Post a Comment