Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Veggie Applique Blocks

This week I went back to my veggie quilt and worked on my hand applique blocks. I finished two more:

Bell Peppers


...and tomatoes!

Apologies for the colors, my camera is doing something funky with oversaturating reds and I don't know why!

The parts I still struggle with are points and narrow pieces.  I just haven't figured out how to get the raw edges under when there is so little raw edge available in these narrow spots.


Here is a zoom of the flowers. See all those raw bits of fabric poking out? I don't have a good solution.

I have signed up for a hand applique class at my local quilt shop.  I am hoping to bring these blocks in and get some tips and advice!

Next up is the cauliflower block. I am trying something different and assembling some of the pieces to each other before I put them on the background. I am also trying glue basting instead of pin basting on this next block. So far, I am a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment